Throughout the day, we may be faced with many instances that could cause injury. In most cases, common sense and safety procedures help prevent many accidents and injuries from occurring. However, in certain circumstances, even the safest person in the world can fall victim to a slip and fall. Slip and fall accidents can occur while walking down the street, in one’s backyard, at a store or anywhere someone may visit during the day.
We here at the Law Offices of Joseph Vecchioli, we believe in handling each and every personal injury case with care and understanding that sometimes there is no avoiding a slip and fall. Because of the various circumstances, we do everything we can to be the best personal injury attorney in Tampa and take pride in taking care of all our clients and their needs.
To help those who have experienced a recent slip and fall accident, we handle everything from medical bills to filing the claim. We have compiled the following list of things to do after a slip and fall accident.
• Seek medical assistance immediately: This is proof of injuries suffered from the slip and fall.
• Report the accident immediately: The accident should be documented and reported to the building owner, property manager or whoever is responsible for the property.
• Take photos of the scene: Document where it occurred, what the conditions were and what caused the accident.
• Try to remain calm at all times, especially when dealing with those who are responsible for the property where the accident occurred.
• Collect data: Get the information, including phone numbers, names and addresses of all possible witnesses.
• Save the outfit: Put all items that were worn by the victim during the slip and fall, including shoes, clothes, accessories and keep in safe storage until the case has been settled.
Accidents happen, that is why they are called accidents. However, because most accidents can be prevented, there is almost always a reason why the accident occurred. It can easily be caused by the negligence of the property owner or of a third party who is no longer around. No matter who is at fault, it may be necessary to seek guidance from a personal injury attorney to help gain a better understanding of the process.
Personal injury attorney Tampa